It is only July 4 (‘Merica!), and I am already sick of the zucchini and kale I’ve been getting in my farm share. I decided that the only way I can consume these again this week is if it involves sugar and/or dairy. So, the kale is going in some stuffed shells, and the zucchini went straight into a bread (I still have 4 squashes left to use, ugh). Plus, this whole trying to eat more vegan meals thing is crushing my spirit in the kitchen. Since K is home, it works out because he will eat at least half of it. This was super easy to make, and very yummy.
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
2 large eggs
1/2 T vanilla extract
About 1.5 cups largely chopped zucchini (I used the mini prep)
1 cups sugar
1.5 cups flour mix
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum, OR 1 tsp if flour mix doesn’t have any
1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix oil, eggs, vanilla and zucchini together.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spray loaf pan fairly heavily with cooking spray, or grease generously with oil.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 (letting batter sit while you preheat oven eliminates any gritty texture).
- Bake large loaves for 35-40 minutes, mini loaves 17-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake, as they could become dry.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.