I discovered processed food in college (my mom made most things from scratch), and simultaneously developed all my current food allergies. Coincidence? I think not. One such food I loved to make was Shake n’ Bake potatoes. I had not thought of them much since my diet make over a while back, but I was so excited to see this recipe on Pinterest. It comes from yourhomebasedmom.com. I changed the flour type to make it gluten free. They came out excellent. My fiancé ate 4 potatoes worth (he’s a runner too).
- 7-8 large potatoes (yukon gold or russet)
- 1/2 C finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put cheese, flour, salt and pepper into a plastic sealable bag.
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks.
- Add to flour mixture and shake to coat.
- Put melted butter onto baking pan.
- Place potatoes in a single layer into butter
- Bake in oven until browned and crisp about 1 hour. Turn several times to make sure all sides brown evenly