I love penne vodka, but I only make it when I am running lots and lots because it is not the healthiest recipe on this blog…….but it sure it good!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 oz chicken, diced
- 3-6 slices of prosciutto (depending on desired level of saltiness)
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt better with oil; add onion and saute for 8 minutes or until transparent. Add prosciutto and diced chicken and just brown.
Add tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in skillet; stir frequently.
Increase heat and add cream, vodka and red pepper flakes; boil for 2 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over pasta of choice.