- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 3 tbsp chopped carrot
- 3 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 little pork chops
- 2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3 cups canned red kidney beans
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 lb small pasta
1. Put olive oil and onion in a soup pot and turn heat to medium. Cook the onion, stirring until it becomes a pale gold.
2. Add carrot and celery, and stir, then add pork. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add canned tomatoes with their juice, and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add drained beans, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add broth and cover pot. Bring to a gentle boil.
6. Scoop up 1/2 cup of bans and mash them, put back into the pot. When soup is at a steady moderate boil, add pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes (should be al dente)
7. Swirl in a tbsp butter, and top with grated parmesan.