I made up this salad last week, and I was quite pleased with the result. I used 1/4 cup millet with 1/2 cup quinoa to diversify my carbs a bit, but you could do whatever.
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3/4 parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup craisins
- 1 tsp orange zest
- juice of one freshly squeezed orange
- 3 T olive oil
- S & P
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Whisk together orange zest, juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Makes 4 servings.