*Originally posted September 2013
My friend hosted a fall foods pot luck last night, and the selection was tremendous. Fall is my favorite time of year, not only for the cool, dry weather, but for the return of comfort food. I made this dish, based on one I found on tinykitchenstories.com. I really liked it, as did everyone else since it was gone in 15 minutes.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2-3 links of chorizo
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pasilla chile, chopped
- Half a large or one small spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups of kale or arugula, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1.5 cups grated cheddar
- Splash of milk
- 1/4 cup GF breadcrumbs (I usually crumble a piece of toast and toss it in a frying pan with some butter first)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook your chorizo in the oil until nice and crispy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Use the chorizo drippings in the pan and cook the onion, garlic and chile until softened.