My quest to find desserts that are low/lacking in cane sugar continues, and I have to say that since I’ve started this quest, my cravings for sweets has been a little less intense. I was mistaken when I said that Guittard dark chocolate chips do not have any sugar, but they do. However, it is considerably less than semi-sweet chocolate. The only traditionally shaped GF pretzels I could find were a small bag of Glutino brand. I added sprinkles because they make everything happy. I had some pb mix left over which I cannot wait to put on my toast this week.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag of mini pretzels
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
How to make it:
1. Combine the peanut butter and butter together until creamy.
2. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Roll teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into balls; sandwich between two pretzels and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Freeze the pretzel sandwiches for 30 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate chips. Drizzle chocolate over sandwiches. Return to the cookie sheet and freeze for another 30 minutes. Store in the fridge until serving time.