*Originally posted May 23, 2013
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs (grind a slice of GF bread)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- cooking spray
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (or sauce of your choice)
- Blue Cheese Dressing (My recipe here)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and crumbs.
Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done, turning once. Remove from oven and drizzle with desired amount of buffalo sauce.