*Originally posted January 11, 2013
I feel I should end “football playoff party food week” with something healthy, since I clearly have a thing for buffalo sauce. (It’s not the buffalo sauce that’s bad, it is the blue cheese that goes with it.) I have mentioned before that I love black beans, and I’ve read numerous times how great they are for runners. I have also brought this to potlucks, and it was a hit.
- 2 cans black beans, drained, about 30 ounces
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced shallot (or just one big shallot)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch ground cumin
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.